Avar-Tek Event 1
eBook – Short Story
NASA’s Near Earth Asteroid team is tracking asteroid 2027 UX25 when, without explanation, it changes direction and heads for earth. When they inspect the impact sites, they discover that the meteorite fragments are not what they expect.
The press has nick-named the asteroid ‘Hachiman,’ after the Shinto god of war and patron god of the samurai, an omen of things to come. Hachiman does not behave like an asteroid should. It fragments and impacts across the globe. The global environments changes: diseased plankton in the Atlantic Ocean, silicon-based killer organisms in northern Russia, and green-house gasses spike globally.
– “Storyline picks up right where longer books start ‘getting good,’ and maintains momentum throughout. You get a good feel for the characters by their interactions, without the author delving too deeply into their backgrounds. The asteroid and it’s affect on the planet are center stage in this story, which kept my interest and kept me from putting it down! Highly recommended!”
~ by T. Sickles
in an Amazon review, February 12, 2012
Avar-Tek Event 2
eBook – Short Story
When a military accident releases swarms of microscopic robots called forger nanites into the environment, science intern Kutisha finds that her lab is their target. As three swarms head her way, the military dispatches hover-tanks carrying human sized robotic mechs. Alone, late at night, she places her faith in the mechs, watching the battle between the big and little machines unfold on her doorstep. The question may not be who will win, but who to trust.
– “A great short read! Just when you think you have the characters figured out the story ends with a shocking and exciting plot turn that leaves you wanting more.”
~ by RachelRS
in an Amazon review, March 1, 2012
– “This book works well on two levels – the action is engaging, and the story leaves the reader with something to think about. Surprises are worked into the story very well.”
Avar-Tek Event 3
eBook – Short Story
For Alexander Sevik, providing for his family is hard enough without losing grip on reality. His dreams are real. One night, he lives the entire life of a deckhand on a Spanish galleon. The next night, it’s life as an ancient Roman senator. Next, he is a cyborg on a space cruiser. When he wakes, he sometimes forgets who he is. His hands tingle for no reason, and the strange man who is following him talks about aliens. When he discovers the key to his dreams, he uncovers a national threat. And he has to choose between his own sanity or saving lives.
– “An wonderful futuristic look at the world where technology has pushed the limits of imagination but human nature remains the same. The story is fast paced and exciting, just like I like them. Good story! One I could not put down and wished were longer. I can’t wait for the next book from Justin Tyme.”
~ by Kay
in an Amazon review, May 26, 2012
– “This is the third short story from this author, and I have enjoyed each one: A Taste of Earth, Death Has No Shadow, and this one. Each story involves a new point of view on possible new technology. In this one, Alexander Sevik is struggling to make ends meet for his family. He is a brilliant man with a promising new program, but he is haunted by dreams that are to real, memory loss, and loss of feeling in his fingers. I really enjoyed the mystery of what was happening to Alex and how it all folds out. Wish I could say more, but it would spoil the major plot twist.”
Avar-Tek leads to Avar-Tek Events
Avar-Tek is a recent scientific or engineering breakthrough that has the potential to change society. Avar-Tek Events are short stories that showcase how future technology may change our world. In a fictitious world called Avar, these events did happen and changed the way people lived.